Tuesday, November 3, 2009

November & December


My husband would kill me to hear this.

But I miss Seattle.

Because it's November. I ALWAYS liked November & December. To me seasons should be as seasons are...and Winter SHOULD BE, dark, cold, cloudy...with warm hearty soups and a fire in the fireplace. Rain and stormy, and SNOW! I am going to really miss the Seattle snow. So is Alex.

When November hits it's all Christmas music and decorations, Thanksgiving and going to our favorite Christmas tree farm. I'm a little choked up realizing we aren't going to be there this year.

Last year I knew we were moving - and I said we HAD to wait til after December. We did. January 6th to be exact.

And I LOVE this time of year. But it's lacking right now in California, being in the 70s and sunny. While still dressed in T shirts. I can not wait til it gets colder and crappy weather. I know it exists but it's not here yet.

Anyway, Starbucks put out their Eggnog and Gingerbread lattes today. When in Seattle we would have rushed straight there in the morning...but it just doesn't feel like the holidays. I've hardly listened to any Christmas music. And I have to say it again, I am missing Seattle.

No comments: