Friday, October 17, 2008

What's between Heaven & Hell?


We need a happy medium here.
I was going to write a post this week toting the praise of Seattle's weather. Oh yeah I was! Why?

Because it's October. And we all think of October as cool and slightly brisk. With that smell in the air that says summer is over - let's start baking.

But October in Seattle lately is a bit TOO brisk. And Sacramento - well it's still having 85 degree days! I bet when I lived there it was nice and felt like Autumn, but just looking at the weather report right now, it doesn't look very Autumny from far away.

October should be 65 degrees. (all day) and have leaves crunching under your feet, you should have a nice sweater on but the sun should be shining.

Where's that? Cuz it's not Seattle, it's been in the low 40s (39 at times) in the mornings and lately it's wet and raining and those clouds won't go away again! And a mere 12 hour drive away - people are still wearing skirts and shorts and t-shirts as it's 85 degrees out (probably cool to them) - sun just beaming 24/7.

Am I in pergatory? That spot you just wait to see your eternal fate? That seems a bit extreme as an expression. Okay Seattle - you can stay this degree if you'd just STAY sunny. Not that ONE day of sun a week, but seriously Sunny from Monday morning til the next Monday. I bet we'd warm up to 65 then :)

Interesting Sidebar: I'm not cold. You heard me right! I'm not cold and it's making no sense. Like I can feel cold a bit but it's not cutting into me and making me miserable like it usually would. It has been like 48 degrees while I wait for the bus and I'm fine. Sure I have a sweater, a jacket and a scarf on, but I'm comfortable. Did it take nearly 5 years to adjust? Is it the anti-depressants working their magic? Or is it just the beginning of the season and I'm not sick of it yet? Stay tuned.

No comments: