Monday, April 27, 2009

2 Weeks Notice

It happened. Oh, you knew it would. I bet you were saying it when you read my old posts about missing my kids.

But it's happened. I guess my breaking point is at two weeks. I miss my kids. Still not the lifestyle, but the kids themselves. I was shopping for new walking baby shoes this weekend and everyone had their kids! Mine were missing...not driving me crazy and at home in Seattle :(

In the last month I've been gone, I have seen the baby for 4 days. And I call and she's doing something new, she has new teeth, her hair is longer. Thank goodness I was there for her first steps.

Sometimes I'm overcome with "Okay, let's scrap this new job and go back on unemployment" so that I can get back up to the kids. I'm not even exercising enough! I should be taking advantage of this time away - and I am....at restaurants! Wow, I'm eating out allot. And shopping....allot.

But I think I'd rather be driven crazy and looking frumpy - to at least give their cheeks kisses.

1 comment:

AmyAnne said...

Too bad Skype doesn't have some function called 'baby kisses' that lets you actually kiss your kids through the screen. Or smell them. Sometimes I just want to smell my baby. I pick her up, sniff her neck and toss her aside.

Wait, this may not be helping. Sorry. Hang in there, it will be worth it!